2016-12-26

Obstacles part 1

Everybody in the house are at sleep except me. :)
I have started making some obstacles to complete
a roadblock/checkpoint in the 28mm scale.
Most of the plastics on display are finds from the
fleemarket and together they will complete my
plan. Firstly the back of the stapled sandbags looks
not good and I will put some "planks" made from
coffee-stirrers and also level up the ground with a
"plateau" also made out of the coffee-stirrers.
I will also make some roof out of corrugated
cardboard and camo-net from coloured gauze.
The orange cones will also be painted with white
boards. The flashlights will need some painting and
also the "halt-sign". The halt-sign is converted using
bits from GW (mainly shields to WHFB).
The big block with crossed metal-beams on both sides
will be painted and fitted with a beam that will look
more like a 
metal H-beam wrapped with barbed wire.

Finally I have also come across some polystyrene that
can be used as either tank-obstacles or movable concrete
walls. I have made a small sketch to illustrate how I
will make these walls using the polystyrene in the
middle and cutout cardboard on both sides that will
fixate a center-placed foamboad.
The foamboard will also be fitted with scratches,
cracks, bullet-marks and open holes with metal-
grids to make the right look.
Next report will show all the obstacles painted and
completed. To be continued.











6 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Indeed and it has been a long dream to make this model-project.Thankyou very much Michael.

      Radera
  2. Svar
    1. Grazie mile Luca. It will also be used a lot in the gamesand I am working on several gamingscenarios right now.

      Radera
  3. greta plan and I love the polystyree idea, though I would think tha a covering of filler would be just s good as making cardboard ends for the barriers!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Joe.A simple idea can sometimes be a real good one.I will soon make a final report about this project if I don´t start making guardtowers to...!? :)

      Radera